Friday, October 3, 2008

The Eleventh Gift of Birth is Love

Love cannot be defined. So, this is the way it feels to me.

Every experience, every little, fragile, line, in this new creation, grows every moment. It slowly unfurls, sometimes with lessons, too rapidly. Yet, at every moment the grace of every experience helps it grow. This hollyhock is love in physical form as someone once said. It is for me a metaphor for the care that you give those you love, the support they need, the acceptance they need, the dew drops to refresh their spirits after a fall, love is never simple. Caring for others in pain, is what love looks like. Listening to them when they are lonely, not getting along with family, or discouraged, is love. The look on your babies' faces when they run up to you for a hug, this seems close. Love looks like your husband touching your hair. Love is all of it. The falling, the getting up, the acceptance of help, the trust, in others and yourself, this seems to be love.
Most of all give what you know, stay open, and trust. As an artist, I know when I am full of love for this strange world because the creativity is easy and free. I think this easy and free feeling is divinity, love in physical form, for me. A creator for me is love, nothing else, no judgement, just the creation that comes from love.

No comments: