Monday, September 15, 2008

The Fifth Gift of Birth is Hope


"Under any circumstance, always do your best, no more and no less. But keep in mind that your best is never going to be the same from one moment to the next. Everything is alive and changing all the time..."
~Don Miguel in The Four Agreements
I am exploring the Twelve Gifts of Birth by Charlene Costanzo and
the Fifth Gift is Hope.
I think as an artist, a mother, a wife and a friend I try to hold myself to a few times in my life when I know I made a difference. These times were when I went out on a limb, so to speak, because some different people in my life at different times, really needed someone to care and listen. I am learning, though, that that standard is not necessarily what everyone needs when I meet them. So, I have learned that sometimes hope is knowing when to do your best, believe in others enough to let them learn from their own path and this, beautifully,
lets me learn my own path.
I can have hope in myself and others without needing to do the same things everytime to show I care and have hopes for them.
I think when you experience life and you see how you helped someone have hopes and follow their own dreams, you can become an optimist who only sees the hope and potential, because that is what you know they have.
You know this because you see it in yourself, potential and hope. You believe others have it because you believe you have it.
Hope is such a lovely thing to spread, that I think sometimes I forget that people need to experience the pain, confusion, and path they are meant to experience
and that the true giver of hope is the person who lets someone feel deeply their own lives, mistakes, and loves, and be there for them when or if they need it. That is a blessed way to live the life of an Artist/Creator, Mother, Wife, Friend with hope. I am learning every minute and this is hope!!!! IT IS A GLORIOUS EXPERIENCE THIS LIFE:) and this is hope. Thank goodness there is always hope.
"I believe that you are here to become more of yourself and live your best life."
~Oprah

3 comments:

Photoschmoozer said...

Well Amy, the gifts are progressing and the photos that go along with them are special - hmmmmmm maybe because YOU take them?? Did the cat get down from the tree? S/he looks full of hope. Thanks for all you write and share.
Can we link blogs? I already did yours on mine
http://photoschmoozer.blogspot.com

Amy Sperry Faldet said...

Yes, Martie! Could you tell me how? I took the picture of my cat who loves to go out on a limb, infact, she often climbs up to the roof from that tree! Talk about a view! Blessings. I will email you about links.

Photoschmoozer said...

YOU DID IT and thank YOU for the connections! Let's see who else we can add that will be fun and of benefit for both of us. YOU are a quick learner!!