Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Delicate Strength



"If the body is a lightbulb, and it burns out, does that mean there's no more electricity? The source of energy remains. We can discard the body and go on. We are the source."

~Joseph Campbell

After you create something, you are lifted. It is a new moment. It is an affirmation that you believe in the next moment. The moment that you look at what you created and know for now it exists because you loved, hoped, tried, and were present. It is not necessary for it to last for eternity to be significant. It is your gift to the world, saying, "I am noticing, World. I am loving what is here. I am sticking around to turn the next corner and walk through the next portal." I love what there is to see and I love to experience each moment with a fullness that allows more to come.

Thanks to the photographer at Poppinstradgard, for letting me use her photo of this cathedral at Amiens, France, as a study in delicate strength. I appreciate your perspective.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Dear Amy. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog. I hope you are doing well. You have such magic in your words that I feel calm just visiting you.

Peace and blessings
~Kellie

Amy Sperry Faldet said...

Thank-you and I feel whole-heartedly the same. What a gift to meet creators of beauty and joy in this way, you are a gift to the universe and shed light where there isn't. Blessings.